Saturday, November 14, 2009

Letter from Andy Economides, Soteria Trust, November 2009

Dear Friend

 

In my recent trip to Nigeria I spoke 13 times. Pius heard me throughout and was pleasantly surprised at the content of my teaching, commenting that, ‘I was preaching the Gospel and Jesus’. The prominent diet of teaching is ‘How to Be Blessed’ and ‘Prosperity’. All the while, the Gospel is not advancing as it should and helping the poor is neglected. At a secondary school in Ibadan I taught 70 students (16 year olds) for 40 minutes about Jesus being ‘Lord, Saviour and Friend’. After that class another, then another. The response from the 210 young people was very positive. Pius is the Soteria School Premises Manager and my apprentice.

 

Trousers, Shirts and Dr. Martens

John the Baptist said, ‘The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same’ (Luke 3 v 11). During this sermon I asked Pius to come and stand before the church. I instructed him to go and feed the very poor and disabled. And to tell them of Christ. I publicly gave Pius two shirts, trousers, my watch, money to purchase food, and took my beloved red Dr. Marten shoes off. I asked for volunteers to go with him and for all to give. There was a great response. Pastor Elijah took his shoes off. A collection for the poor taken. Watches were given. The group have since been out twice to feed the poor, love the poor and tell them of Christ. Alan Hounsham, engineer, did improvements, repairs and installed a fantastic hot water system at the Soteria School. He was gold.

 

We Are His Servants

Amos 3 v 7 says; ‘Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing His plan to his servants the prophets’. You and I are God’s servants with a prophetic gift. During this Christmas season let us receive His plan. God does nothing without…

 

Please pray:

·         22 November           Immanuel Church, Chichester, West Sussex, 6pm. World Religions and Cults.

·         13 December           Thundersley Congregational Church, Essex, 6.30pm. Christmas service.

·         20 December           Waltham Chase Methodist Church, Hampshire, 6.30pm. Christmas service.

·         For the Soteria Business School. The staff, students and those on scholarship. For continued educational development and spiritual maturity. Finance.

 

With kind regards and Christ’s peace

 

Love,

 

Andy Economides

 

P.S. Can you sponsor a child or young person through Soteria Trust at £19/month?

 

 

Soteria Trust  2 New Town  Chichester  West Sussex  PO19 1UG  UK

Tel: 01243 771494  Fax: 01243 771240  Email: admin@soteriatrust.org.uk  Web: www.soteriatrust.org.uk

 

No comments:

Followers