Thursday, November 5, 2009

World Prayer - Commitment

Commitment
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Commitment
Ron Sheets @rnsheets encourages us to rethink "commitment". We pray you are encouraged by Ron and take time to talk to Ron he would love to share with you about his journey. Take time to follow Ron’s blog as well.
commitment |kəˈmitmənt| noun 1 the act of committing or the state of being committed. • dedication; application : the company’s commitment to quality. • a pledge or undertaking : I cannot make such a commitment at the moment. • an act of pledging or setting aside something : there must be a major commitment of money and time. 2 (usu. commitments) an engagement or obligation that restricts freedom of action : business commitments | young people delay major commitments including marriage and children.


Dedication, pledging something aside.
Commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ.
It’s a daily commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and you must be all in.
Jesus says in Mark 8:34,

” And He summoned the multitude with His disciples, and said to them, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. ” (NASB) Mark 8:34

In Luke 9:23, Jesus says,

“Then he said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.”

There He uses the word “daily”. Yes, it’s a daily commitment to deny yourself, pick up your cross daily and follow Him. Yes, it’s hard. Yes, sometimes you don’t want to do that at all. You say I want to do my own thing. But once you do that, you will see that way, that road, is not good. You will center on yourself and by doing that, life will go downhill. Life will be totally empty and void if you do it your own way when not denying yourself and picking up that cross and following Him.

How do I know? Experience. I have done just that. Lived my life my own way, doing the Frank Sinatra thing. “I do it my way”. By focusing on myself, I see all the sin in my life, I make judgements about other people. It’s a mess. You have to stick close to Him, follow Him, each and every day. Yes, there will be days where the path Jesus takes you will be rough and tough, bleak and totally not fun.
Do it anyway.

Be committed to Him. Start out each morning with a simple prayer – I am committed to You, Lord Jesus. I love You. You died for me. You love me. I am Yours.
Be blessed in following Him and being committed!
http://world-prayer.blogspot.com/2009/11/commitment.html

No comments:

Followers